A week or so ago, I had to think what to do about "The love of the Sea," which is my romantic ghost story. I formulated two plans, both had many problems which needed to reassessed.
Plan A-Bring the story to a quick end, this was not satisfactory to me as a writer and would not have done the story justice, as there is plenty to write about the Helmut, Jannine and Angie.
Plan B-This is the most satisfactory option as this involved writing the story to its full novel length and doing both the story and my writing justice. However, this had the drawback of what if I did all the work and the book turned out to be another Chronicles and sank without trace, how would I feel? Would I be able to continue in the event of yet another failure?
The demise of Chronicles has been one of the key issues, which led me to pause in my writing as the lack of interest shown by the public, to a work which took months to get to the shelves is having a constant drain on my ability to write.
With this in mind, I devised Plan C-Although not satisfactory, it is a compromise. I have written about half of the book (100+ pages) and will bring it out shortly. This is the first half, the rest I will write for my friend, Ruth. Should anybody else want to know the ending, the rest depends on the sales, I shall only release the second section if there are some sales.
I am not happy doing this, but, what has been written, has been written. I see no reason to hold onto what I have done, I hope it does better than the rest as it has taken months to get this far, but what do you care about that.